Thursday, October 27, 2011

What does the GOOD book mean to you?

So I was thinking today about what the Bible means to me..I know what it means to my children and what it should mean to me, but do I use it the way it should be used?  Is it the light for my path as I take this journey with God?  Do I read enough devotionals, scriptures, and share the precious words with others?  In the word, For the word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow,and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12(KJV)  What does this passage mean to you?  I believe it means that God's word is truth...constant... real....never to be questioned. 
NEW CHALLENGE...Think about how a child's eyes are blind to the bias of the world when it comes to the WORD.  So I challenge you to use blind eyes in the reading of the WORD, leave the world to the world! 
The other day I was rocking my son to sleep, he gets up and goes to get the Bible.  Coming back to our chair, he says "Mommy it's time to read the bible."  I said, "OK...what does it say?"  He starts, "Jesus loves me....in my soul....it's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...come inside it's fun inside."  My son loves the Word and truly believes everything he loves is in it!  Blind faith of a child is how we should read the Bible.  Good luck, God Bless, and happy blind reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment