Thursday, October 13, 2011

If color was a feeling...what would yours be?

So most know my situation over the last few years.  Let's just say it's not been the easiest and not been a motivation to hold onto my faith.  Over the last couple years.. my husband was transferred to another state leaving me with the three children and a "more" than full-time job...my middle child began having some medical issues...we spent the entire time wondering how our financial status would ever recover...like I said not the most positive enviroment.  We continued to pray, eventhough in our situation we didn't SEE God.  I tried to remember that God works on HIS time not mine and that like most issuses in my life, when his love shows up it was good for his glory and even better for my faith.  So needless to say when a wonderful friend sent me an email today with this verse and story I couldn't wait to share!  By the way I feel "silver" today.
Malachi 3:3  He will sit as a refiner and purifer of silver.  This verse puzzled some women at bible study and they pondered on the statement.  One of the women offered to find out the process of refining silver.  That week the woman called a silversmith and made an appointment to watch his work.  She didn't mention anything abou the reason for her interest.  As she watched, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up.  He explained that refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities.  She thought of how God holds us in such a "hot spot", and remembered the verse, He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver.  She questioned the silversmith, " is it true that he has to sit in front of the fire the whole time"?  He answered, "Yes, not only do I have to sit here holding the silver, I have to keep my eyes on the silver the entire time it is in the fire.  If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed."  She askes, "How do you know when the silver is refined?"  He smiled and answered, " that's easy, when I see my image in it."  So TODAY if you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember God has his eye on you and will continue until he sees his image in you!  Over the last two years I was held in the fire and refined...I am now a refined piece of silver with the image of God!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment